Workplace Gender Equality
In accordance with the requirements of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act), the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association (PMSA) lodged its final annual public report for 2017-18 with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency on 6th September 2018.
Download the PMSA's WGEA Public Report 2017-18
The principle objects of the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012) are to:
- promote and improve gender equality (including equal remuneration between women and men) in employment and in the workplace
- support employers to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce, in recognition of the disadvantaged position of women in relation to employment matters
- promote, amongst employers, the elimination of discrimination on the basis of gender in relation to employment matters (including in relation to family and caring responsibilities)
- foster workplace consultation between employers and employees on issues concerning gender equality in employment and in the workplace
- improve the productivity and competitiveness of Australian business through the advancement of gender equality in employment and in the workplace.
The PMSA is very proud of the equal opportunities we provide for both female and male staff in our schools. In many categories, we far exceed many of the minimum standards required.
PMSA staff which includes all staff at PMSA schools may make comments on the report. Please direct comments to the PMSA corporate office by phoning (07) 3371 0709 or emailing email@example.com.
Please refer to the Workplace Gender Equialty Agency’s guidelines on this process on its website www.wgea.gov.au.